Sunday, August 7, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch! 184...Smile

Oh...the sketch at this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! is so...much...fun!!  I searched my stamps and dies to find something a bit different than the flowers I WANTED to use...here's my card and the sketch...

I stamped the smiley face stamp on 4 scraps of colored cardstock, and clear embossed.  I layered them and enamel accented their eyes.  I adhered them to a stitched white panel after stamping a SMILE sentiment.  I stamped the background with a pinstripe background.  Here's a close up of the smiley guys...
I must have tried at least a half dozen different ways to place my smiley guys on a card for this challenge!  I used different cardstock...patterned, plain, colored, white, I used impression plates and stamps for backgrounds...added imbellishments, took them away...crazy how challenging, and how many ways and tries it takes to find what you think looks good...don't know about you, but sometimes THAT'S the challenge in a challenge for me!!  FUN, FUN, FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAS design. I'm a huge admirer of your work.

    Jasleen XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the design you ended up with is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transition from pinstripe to stitching to circles and simple sentiment. Great card, thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute. Thanks for doing all the planning for us so that now WE have the perfect design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! You can't help but smile when you look at this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa