Sunday, May 10, 2015

Cards with Tags

Happy Mother's Day...for moms everywhere...you are amazing and make the world keep going...thank you for who you are, and ALL that you do!!!
I made a couple cards using tags as the focal point on each of the cards...
I layered this tag and filled it with colored die cut hearts and some polka dotted patterned paper.  I clear embossed a line of stripes behind the tag for a little added dimension and texture (you can faintly see it behind the tag).

This one was an attempt at a CAS(E) this Sketch that I just couldn't make work (the tag was supposed to be placed in the upper right hand corner).  I extended the tag when I ran it through my Big Shot to make it a little longer than the actual die.   I used the same polka dotted paper (from AC Moore), using layered punched daisies with some stems and leaves from My Favorite Things.  The striped embossed background is from Papertrey Ink (discontinued:(!).
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that beautiful happy first card has inspired me so much - I have that die and love the bright happy colours inserted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so pretty! I love the contrast of the black and white paired with bright pops of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea, Cynthia!! It will definitely take you a bit longer to score all those lines, than to run it through a machine, but you would definitely get the same look:)!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! I get such great inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards/tags are adorable !

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa