Tuesday, January 6, 2015

More Coloring...Happy Mother's Day

Today, I have another card that I made using my new Prismacolor pencils + Gamsol...yesterday's cards were pure coloring.  Gamsol is a solvent that helps blend colors, but used for today's card just to help move the white through all the stamped flower's detail (the white is somewhat subtle for me, but I thought, definitely says daisy)...
I used a light gray colored paper that I die cut with stitched square and rectangle dies and an out-of-the-box technique I learned on Splitcoaststampers from THIS tutorial to give a bit more dimension to my daisy.  My mom LOVES daisies and this Simon Says Stamp sentiment went PERFECTLY with the daisy!!  I am having SO MUCH FUN coloring:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful daisy! I envy your colored pencil skills. A video sharing your technique would be great, just sayin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I was under the impression that one could only use gamsol on "smooth" cardstock. Was I wrong? Or is this cardstock smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Goldie...this cardstock IS smooth...didn't know about smooth and Gamsol...thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card Lisa, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the subtleness with the grey cardstock and also the petals coming off of the panel, wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the out-of-the-box technique. You are right that it add more dimension. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...I love the petals over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soft and beautiful Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa