Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #5... Love You


It's time to share the next Cutting Edge Challenge!  We have another beautiful inspiration project, this one done by Melania Deasy!   I can’t wait for you all to play along, so let’s get to it, shall we?!
  Let yourself be inspired by Melania's card, and create a card that includes die cutting (all forms accepted).  There’s so much about this project to be inspired by, right?!  Here’s what I created:
I told the team when I made this card...I loved Melania's card so much, my mind and creativity just wanted to recreate!!  I DID change the sentiment, the flowers to hearts, but the elements and colors are pretty similar...you can be inspired by one thing, many things, and sometimes everything, right?!!  I did search out Melania's blog to find this card, wanting to know where she got that amazing "Love" sentiment, only to find it was done on her Silhouette...bummer...I don't own a Silhouette.  I thought outside the box, and used an alphabet die set from Papertrey Ink to make MY "Love".  I die cut the letters in thin card stock and adhered to the card when I was ready to die cut each letter, putting them VERY close together, so they all die cut touching, like Melania's.  I stamped the polka dots onto cardstock and die cut the hearts.  The "you" is from a Simon Says Stamp sentiment and the little dots are from a new Simon set, Floral Bookmarking.  Ok...so much fun!!

We’d love to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
  • The Winner of the last challenge, as well as the Top 3, are being announced;
  • The first half of the The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty fabulous;
  • The rules and regulations of the Challenge are listed; and
  • The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!

The challenge closes on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT, so what are you waiting for?!  You can find everything you need to play along HERE.  We can’t wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card, Lisa. Love how you've taken Melania's card and really put your own special touches on it. Love it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful!!! Nice way to make it your own..... Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa