Thursday, July 17, 2014

Some Sweet Cherries

I recently ordered the Sweet and Sour Cherry dies by Memory Box...I LOVE cherries:)!!  The only problem...the large and small cherry dies were manufactured TOGETHER!  When I envisioned using these dies, I did NOT envision using them stuck together, so I decided to cut them apart and made this card...
I LOVED how delicate the design of these cherries were, so I went to my tool box and found a pair of metal snippers that cut between the very small space of this set of dies with no effort.  I DID think, what if I ruin these dies??  They are really not available many places, right now...oh well...the alternative(not cutting them) was NOT an option, so once I started cutting, there was no going back!  Cutting dies takes bravery AND a great pair of snippers, ESPECIALLY when the dies are SUPER close together, like these cherry dies were.  I started with my usual Stanley metal snippers, but those wouldn't get in between the tight, small in-between space...I think these Wiss will be my new snippers of choice...powerful and cut easily...
I cut the dies apart, then die cut with the larger cherry die on the white card panel.  I used a piece of watercolor paper for underneath the die cut, and painted red and green watercolor paint after embossing the image on the paper with the cherry die to get the imprint of the leaves.  Here's a close up...
Oh the fun of it all:)!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


8 comments:

  1. darling card - and i bought those snippers to cut apart my papertrey ink dies - works like a charm on them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Lisa! Gorgeous CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wspaniała kartka- prosta i piękna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was well worth the snip!!! Love your card. Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card. Thanks for the tip on the snips. I haven't used mine yet. I am hoping that Memory Box will come out with a matching stamp.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa