Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy You're My Friend

Had some leftover birds from yesterday's card and a panel I made last week...together with a tree die and a new sentiment from Simon Says Stamp...
The panel was made after seeing Jennifer McGuire make it on the Clean and Simple Card Making 2 class...I just HAD to try my hand at making it, TOO!!  I purchased the felt pad and distress die reinkers, then covered a piece of the felt pad that I had cut with the different colored inks.  You then adhere the newly made ink pad to an acrylic block...I did not and got SUPER inky fingers:):)!!!  Now, I will say....it took several tries until I got it just right(Jennifer is such a pro and makes it look SOOOO easy)...if you attempt this, experiment on scrap paper first...it is a technique that takes a little practice.  Ink the stamp and place the paper ON TOP of the inked stamp and rub the ink on firmly.  LOVE THE LOOK!!!  Added a die cut tree and a couple leftover birds(three deep of each the dies for depth), stamped the sweet sentiment.... and adhered tree with birds to panel.  Popped up the panel on the card.  Rainbows always make me happy and loved the black on the pretty colors.  The supply list is below...thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


7 comments:

  1. It's so funny that I never think of you as needing to learn anything - you always seem to be right on top of the latest! I love this look (and I have that stamp, that I've never used!) I may have to go get myself inky now too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is stunning! I may have to try this technique very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might have taken a couple of tries, Lisa, but I would say you graduated with honors perfecting this technique! It is fun one and I'm loving your result!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful result Lisa! I love the rainbows with the pop of black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!! This card is pure perfection! And I'm your newest follower ;-)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Awesome card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've bought some re-inkers to try the very same technique... I just know it's gonna be messy!!
    Love the background, looks like you nailed it to me :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa