Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wonderful Washi

Just have to say...I didn't get the "washi" thing...heard about it a long time ago, and found it really easy to resist the craze.  A couple months ago, I gave in and purchased a couple rolls...decided to give it a try.  Someone said on a post of a really simple card I made about a month ago with some washi that I should watch out...I'd be hooked, well she was right..I AM HOOKED!!  Let me tell you why!  I LOVE DIES...and when you die cut sentiments, it is really hard to find design papers with design small enough to accomodate dies...the patterns are just too darn large.  So, I had settled to emboss, or stamp on paper with die cutting.  I experimented the other day with washi tape and some Papertrey Ink sentiment dies and LOVED,LOVED, LOVED the small patterns effect on die cutting using the washi...
SUPER SIMPLE cards...but just wanted to show you what washi looks like die cut...
LOVE the intense patterns created with washi tape...and the soft texture after die cutting is super cool, too!!
The dies are Counting My Blessings and stamps by Papertrey Ink.  The blue washi is from AC Moores, the pink is We R Memory Keepers.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. One word... FANTASTIC!
    Love it Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no washi tape BUT...after seeing your awesome cards that will soon be rectified:) Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are FABULOUS - long live the washi! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what Lisa... just when I thought I would never get hold of washi tape in Abu Dhabi... I went to the book store this morning and guess what.... loads of washi tape!!! I bought almost very color and pattern and now... I have to think of ways to use it... because it's oh so new to me!
    (Yes BOOK STORE- not CRAFT STORE, believe it or not!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where can i buy those washi tapes here in Abu Dhabi?

      Delete
    2. Where can i buy those washi tapes here in Abu Dhabi?

      Delete
  5. I love this. I have some tape but have never used it. Mine has flowers on it so I will need to get some cool ones like you have and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In which bookstore can I find washi tapes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Washi tape is found in a lot of places. Not knowing where you are from, Sophie, it's hard to suggest a store, but around me, I can find wash at Michael's, AC Moore's, and an excellent place to find it is online at places like Simon Says Stamp...they have a GREAT selection:)!! Washi seems to be showing up just about everywhere these days:)!! Hope this helps:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank u for your reply, I'm in Abu Dhabi, I would like to know which bookstore has these tapes in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa