Thursday, June 28, 2012

Less is More 73...Paper Piecing

The challenge this week at Less is More is to make a clean and simple card using paper piecing...placing paper(colored, patterened...) over a stamped image for more interest.  Here's what I made...
 I used a stamp that I fell in love with when I went to the Stampotique site recently.  They have some very diverse  stamps, ...when I looked through their site, I found this tree(Tree Tile) that when I look at it...I just LOVE it!!!  The possibilities are endless...fall, spring, bright and happy colors...black and white...oh my...BUT I thought about it only with paper piecing...cause I really don't color!!  THEN...I found this sentiment at Stampotique too, that I thought went perfectly with my pretty tree!  A friend of my daughter's asked last night what the sentiment meant...hmmmm...I thought it would be obvious....but let me tell you what  it means to ME. Just like the trees, when the strong breezes or storms of life hit us, our roots have to be deep to weather the winds....and the cool thing is that as we weather the winds/storms, we become stronger for them...strong breeze makes strong trees...profound and deep.  Well...used three different greens and a dark brown for the trunk.  Used onyx liquid pearls to accent the dots of the leaves...
Layered on bazzill gray card.  Another wonderful challenge...thanks ladies!!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

17 comments:

  1. I love your card. The tree is perfect! I also DON'T color, but I thought I was the only one in the card making community who didn't. Nice to have company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice that tree is wonderful and I love the sentiment, a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful. I love the tree image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love this. It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tree image, and I really love the sentiment! M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tree image. The paper-piecing is perfect and the three different greens you chose add extra dimension to the image. Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous - what a great way to showcase this beautiful stamp, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this; simple yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, lisa! the image is so pretty... i can see why you fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card. Great paper piecing . Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Lisa! The green and grey is such a good combination and I love the sentiment (which seemed pretty obvious to me too!) Thank you for your lovely message on my blog yesterday. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card with all the fuzzy cuttings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stampotique have such different designs, huh Lisa
    Very original,
    This looks terrific
    Superb card...as always
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely card, Lisa. I like the way the tree on its white background pops off the grey card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa this is gorgeous, I had trouble finding images like this on the site!! love the punch of green on the white and grey and you're so right about the sentiment :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. More gorgeous paper piecing! I think I'm going to have to check out that site - that tree is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how clean and simple this card is and what you have done with the Stampotique stamps.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa