Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fun With Glossy Accents

Just a quick couple cards that highlight the fun you can have and make your cards "SHINE"...lol!!
Both cards used My Favorite Things Flower dies...I really love these dies:)!!  I die cut with paper from Michael's and Papertrey Ink letter dies. ( I was originally going to use these flowers for the most recent Play Date Cafe challenge...but thought that yellow centers would NOT be SPLASH of yellow...so theses are LEFTOVERS...lol)   I used Glossy Accents on each flower and on the letters.  Added Doodlebug chunky brads(chopped off the brad). I tried adding a background...just liked it better plain...thought there was enough going on with the flowers.   Here's a closer look at the glossy...
Just thought it looked fun!!
The second card is actually a card I made a LONG time ago for another Play Date Cafe Challenge that I never submitted...the colors being yellow, black and gray.  Funny thing...I actually WON that challenge with a different card...lol!!! This had same flowers, different papers and only glossed the word ...not the flowers.  Drew a border around it, as well.  The yellow flower middles are chunky brads, the black middles are stick on dots.
Here shows the gloss...
Just a fun thing to try...really changes the look of die cut letters...and now I've found...flowers:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. These are just lovely. I am unfamiliar with Glossy Accents. I must check this out. I love the texture of it...very shiny! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT, Lisa!! Love them :) Those flowers are too fun. I don't have that die yet, but it's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the effect is so stunning! love both cards...cas perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool effect with the Glossy Accents! It really gives it that extra "somethin-somethin" as my aunt would say:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous...love, love, love all the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your polka dot b/w flowers are gorgeous all glossy like that. Both of these cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! I don't know why I don't think to use Glossy Accents so more. I guess I need to set it out on my desk right in front of me =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Love the look! yellow + black is so IN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeek I'm reaching for my glossy accents now with those die cuts and letters!! Stunning cards Lisa :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The texture on these cards is just stunning! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful cards, Lisa! I love the Glossy Accent on the flowers! Just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! I must try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa