Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Special Casual Friday/Clean and Simple 153

This week at Clean and Simple Stamping, challenges are being combined with CAS-ual Fridays, here is the sketch:
And I came up with a couple cards:
I used a rectangular solid Stampin Up stamp(Great Shapes) to stamp the background, stamping a second time on the very bottom using Ranger Antique Linen distress Ink and after masking the 2 areas, stamped again using Tea Dye distress ink in between them.  I misted the inked stamps with Ink Potion No. 9(supposed to help the flow of ink on stamps, but not so sure I'm sold on it).  I then stamped 2 stamps from Annabelle Stamps All Things Grow and a sentiment from Verve(Wordy Birds).  Layered on bazzill Java and popped up on bazzill white card..  Here's another view:
Here's my first card I made, but felt that it didn't really go with the sketch quite as well in that my top and bottom pieces of the panel were not the same. I know, there is creative liberty, I just generally tend to take sketches literally, so this card is a bit on the "wild side" for me:)!!
When I thought of this card...I had the idea to make sky, water and sand...not sure if anyone will "get" it but me, but that was my intent.  I used the same stems from the Annabelle set as the first card with the sentiment from the same set.  I used the small rick rack die from Papertrey Ink to make the "waves" and the Linen/Canvas impression/texture plate for the texture of the card from Papertrey Ink, as well.  The paper: Stampin Up Bashful Blue and Marina Mist, some sand colored paper, and bazzill Java.  Here's another view:
 A fun challenge...how great to get to know of other like-minded challenges...thanks for looking!!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulously done! LOVE the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Lisa!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Lisa, I think my fave is the first one as the inked strip reminds me of a sunset behind the grasses :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely gorgeous Lisa! I love the textures, the colours and the beautiful grasses.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa