Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pink Popping Petals

I made this card a couple weeks ago...just never got around to putting it on the blog. I was, in part, inspired by the lovely cards that Susan Riahala made when she was inspired by another stamper.
 I was inspired by the way Erin and Susan used a line of text(script) across the bottom of the card and then put the sentiment over the script. The script I used was by W Plus 9 Design Studio, the sentiment is Inside and Out: Thank You   by Papertrey Ink.  I stamped a flower( Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions by W Plus 9 Design Studio) and then stamped a second one right next to the first one.  I colored with SU markers(Pretty in Pink and Regal rose) and cut out.  I thought to attach them and lay them flat on the card, but kinda liked how the petals looked bending off the card, so I left them that way. Popped up and layered on a Regal Rose textured card. Here's a slight side view:
Thanks for looking, hope your day is wonderufl!!

7 comments:

  1. So elegant Lisa, your cards are always so neat and well presented :)
    I love that script bkgd as it's so subtle.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Lisa, fabulous card, subtle colour and brilliant design, love it Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I think I'll be CASEing your CASEd card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish! I love your use of textured card stock on this card Lisa and the way the flowers pop off the page.

    Thanks for your comment - I assume you have enjoyed family caravanning yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, very subtle colour and great idea with the text.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa