Monday, May 23, 2011

Less is More Butterflies

I made this card for Simply Less is More challenge16...to use a butterfly/butterflies on your card:
I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink for the leaves and the butterflies are A Muse.  I stamped the vines, and with a stamp-a-ma-jig and masking 3 of the smaller butterflies, I stamped the black butterflies over the leaves.  I stamped the gingham with a Papertrey Ink stamp and used the stamped paper ,with the A Muse butterfly dies, to cut out the butterflies I popped up on each black one.   I used a sentiment from Verve and dotted each butterfly as well as the sentiment with light green rhinestones.  Here's a close up:



 I popped up the panel on an old olive card.  It's funny...the green ink on the leaves is Certainly celery....the card is Old Olive...but they look like the same color...hmm...funny!!
Thanks for looking...another fun challenge:)!!

Things I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics Gingham, A Muse butterflies, Verve
Paper: Gina K white, black, old olive
Ink:Certainly Celery, Memento black
Extras: Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, A Muse butterfly dies, light green rhinestones, pop up dots

18 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 23, 2011

    Beautiful! Super idea to add dimension to the butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is FAB Lisa, so striking
    Very cool how the 2 greens look 'as one'
    Fabulous!
    Thank you for entering
    diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lisa, just adore those colours together :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card love the green what ever it is called! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful card Lisa, I love it. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gingham butterflies, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very striking card. Love the black and white butterflies. A sophisticated design. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colourways and the gingham on the butterflies, an unusual touch. Congratulations on being showcased at LIM. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is another fabulous card. The gingham stamp is very effective I must sus out this Papertrey Ink. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Lisa. I love the green and black together. It's so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the colours, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gorgeous card!!! im following your blog now, love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful card again Lisa :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. just wonderful - the colours and composition are just perfect!
    Sarah at 219

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Love that Papertrey stamp and it`s fab paired with the butterflies.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa, this is awesome! I LOVE how you layered the butterflies...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que lindas tarjetas esta en especial me encanto y a muchas personas tambien .
    Ya tiene como mas de 40 senorar que la vieron y les gusto .
    Dios la bendiga a Usted y a su linda familia .

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa