Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flower Power

I made this card for Clean and Simple's blog challenge 138, found HERE.


This is the sketch:
I know now, after making it, that the sketch was a square...but when I made it, all I saw was the design, so it is a standard sized card....let me tell you.  When I first read the info on the sketch..the words exactly:
 "Remember, it's sometimes best to plan out your images a little bit. Get some scrap paper, see what looks best before committing to your design."  
Well...a whole bunch of paper later...these words, though soft, need to be strongly heeded when taking on this challenge!!!  I had to go through a LOT of paper before I found a design...flowers AND positions....that I liked.  
It seems, sometimes, that what appear to be the simplest looking cards are actually REALLY complex...I think this was one of those.  
Then, there was the frame....oh boy!!  I watched the tutorial on Nichole's blog to learn how to draw a frame...and another bunch of paper later...well this card has been exhausting!!  I wound up DRAWING the frame...my daughter encouraged my weary attitude by saying that she thought it went better with these flowers than a straight frame, anyway...love that girl:)!!  To me, the biggest challenge to a challenge like this is finishing and NOT giving up.  Persistence...and now the challenge is conquered!! WHEW!!!  I used a couple stamps from Papertrey Ink and a sentiment from Hero Arts.  Used black stick on dots for centers of flowers and throughout the line of flowers...Free style lines:):):)!!  


Things I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Blooms II, Hero Arts Friends
Paper: Papertrey Ink white, bazzill black
Ink: Cool Caribbean, certainly celery, stazon black
Extras: stick on dots, clear embossing powder, marker, pop up dots


Thanks for taking a look, hope your day is wonderful:)!!

4 comments:

  1. Well it turned out very beautiful after all that hard work! Love your frame and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch and the colours are great. It looks just as good in standard size as it does square :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on your not-so-simple simple card! Loved your commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, beautiful card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa